I love that show!! Try the biscuits and gravy for me.
Has to be my fav Food Network show and finally gonna get to visit one of the places showed on there. The Smokey Valley Truck Stop in Kentucky that was on last night is only about 1.5 hours from my in-laws house and I will be headin over this weekend anyway and plan on taking them there. It is in Olive Hill about halfway between Morehead and Grayson on I-64. The food looked spectacular especially the Coconut Cream pie.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I love that show!! Try the biscuits and gravy for me.
I love that show, but watching it starves me to death! (My favorite show is Good Eats)
I dont know if I'd want to try that coconut cream pie they featured last night. It had a bunch of egg yolks in it, but the filling was uncooked - they put it in a pre-cooked pie shell and just browned the meringue.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I like the show as well. I want to stop in Spartansburg sometime to try the Beacon Drive In after watching the show.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I almost drove down there the Sunday after that show aired just to try The Beacon.
I don't believe they showed everything on the making of that Coconut pie. I am sure the filling was cooked at some point. Doesn't matter to me either way I used to drink 5 raw eggs every morning after my workout later I just put 2 raw eggs in my protein shake. I believe raw eggs get a raw deal sometimes.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I dunno - I saw them put a bunch of eggs in a cold mix - thicken with cornstarch then straight into the precooked pie crust (precooked crust means no baking of the filling). I didn't see any cut-aways to indicate they slipped off and cooked it first. For those that eat a bunch of egg yolks raw it may just be fine, but it's just not for me.
All the other food though looked great - I love breakfast food any time of day. I can certainly look past one uncooked pie for some hasbrowns/waffles/biscuits/etc
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
How did they brown the merigue then? Torch?
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I came through Spartanburg a few weeks ago and thought about trying to find it but decided against it.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did they brown the merigue then? Torch?</div></div>
It takes about 3 minutes in an oven to brown a meringue lol - even it isn't cooked or even warmed through. You dont cook much do ya? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I was just wondering how they done it. I know it doesn't take much but I was asking because some places will torch them. If they did put it in the oven, it does leave some room for "possible" baking.
You would be completely wrong on the cook much question. I probably cook/bake/grill/smoke as much as you do or more my friend.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks